When you provide us with your information:
You grant us permission to:
1) Contact: We ask for consent to follow up with visitors regarding their application or partially completed application.
2) Seek loan approval: We ask for permission to pull credit reports and search for an auto loan approval with banks on our customer?s behalf.
Auto Resale may disclose information about you to the following types of third parties: Auto Resale’s affiliates; service companies (companies that provide services to Auto Loans in Canada in order to process your application); financial institutions, and credit bureaus, collection agencies. Your information is disclosed to the foregoing entities solely for the getting a loan that meets your criteria. Outlined below is the information shared with each type of third party and as appropriate, your options.
- Sharing Information with Service Companies — In order to provide quality service, Auto Resale contracts with service providers for essential roles in processing your application. We may disclose some or all of the information we collect to these service providers but only in order to obtain credit for you. All of Auto Resale’s service providers have entered into a contract with Auto Resale that forbids them from using information provided by Auto Resale for any purpose other than providing the service for Auto Resale customers. Auto Loans in Canada takes security precautions to monitor the use of the information and prevent the use of the information for any other purpose.
- Information Sharing With Merchants — Auto Resale does not share any information with unrelated merchants for the purpose of extending offers of goods and services without your consent.
- Information Sharing with Partners — Auto Resale offers its products in conjunction with financial institutions and other businesses (collectively,Auto Resale Partners). By completing a credit application with Approval Store for the purpose of locating a loan that meets your criteria, you agree to the sharing of information with that partner. These relationships are clearly stated in the application and by completing the application you agree to the information sharing by Auto Resale and the partner which may include: your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and personal financial information.
- Credit Reports and Other Uses of Information — In applying for credit, you agree that we may request consumer credit reports from one or more credit reporting agencies in connection with your application and the administration of such application. You also authorize us to exchange credit information concerning you or your use of the Account with (and answer questions and requests from) others, such as merchants, other lenders and credit reporting agencies.
Transfering data to third-party companies
Access to the information we obtain about you resulting from credit application submission is restricted to only those service providers who need to know that information for the purpose of purchasing an automobile or obtaining credit. Other than as set forth above, we do not share personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our product(s)/service(s), and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential.
We may also share personal information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention, and other legal action if Auto Resale reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to protect its customers or the public.